Internal Quality Assurance Cell
National Assessment And Accreditation Council (NAAC) proposes that every accredited institution should establish an Internal Quality Assurance Cell (IQAC) as a post-accreditation quality sustenance measure. Since quality enhancement is a continuous process, the IQAC will become a part of an institution’s system and work towards realizing the goals of quality enhancement and sustenance. The prime task of the IQAC is to develop a system for conscious, consistent and catalytic improvement in the performance of institutions. The IQAC will make a significant and meaningful contribution in the post-accreditation phase of institutions. During the post-accreditation period, the IQAC will channelize the efforts and measures of an institution towards academic excellence.
The IQAC shall have the following functions:
- Development and application of quality benchmarks/parameters for the various academic and administrative activities.
- Facilitating the creation of a learner-centric environment conducive for quality education and faculty maturation to adopt the required knowledge and technology for participatory teaching and learning process;
- Arrangement for feedback responses from students, parents and other stakeholders on quality-related institutional processes;
- Organization of inter and intra institutional workshops, seminars on quality related themes and promotion of quality circles;
- Documentation of the various programmes / activities.
- Acting as a nodal agency for adoption and dissemination of good practices;
- Development and maintenance of Institutional database through MIS
Dr.Mahalingam College of Engineering and Technology, Pollachi, National Assessment and Accreditation Council (NAAC) accredited with a CGPA of 3.59 on a four-point scale at A++ Grade (3rd Cycle) valid for Seven years from 26th October 2030.