ABOUT US :
The main aim of National Service Scheme is personality development through social service or community service. This programme is to inculcate the social welfare thoughts in the students, and to provide service to the society without any prejudice. NSS volunteers work hard day and night to ensure that every one in our society who is needy gets the every possible help from them so that they can also enhance their standards and lead a life of dignity in the society with all of us. In doing so the volunteers themselves learn a lot from the people in villages like how to struggle and how to lead a happy life in the extreme scarcity of resources and so on. Another aim is personality development through social service.
MOTTO : NOT ME BUT YOU :
The motto of the National Service Scheme (N.S.S.) is “Not Me, But You”, This expresses the essence of democratic living and upholds the need for selfless services and appreciation of another man’s point of view and also show consideration for fellow human beings. It underlines the welfare of an individual is ultimately dependent on the welfare of the society as a whole.
The broad objectives of NSS are
- To understand the community in which they work
- To identify the needs and problems of the community and involve them in problem solving process.
- To utilize their knowledge in finding practical solution to individual and community problems.
- To gain skills in mobilizing community participation.
- To acquire leadership qualities.